Video archives are invaluable when doing research and are a great benefit when information
needs to be confirmed. Having a complete and accurate account provides distinct
advantages when exploring the details, information, and public sentiment on issues
It's important to keep in mind, however, that the larger the archive and the more
"views" it receives, the higher the required bandwidth will be to store the content.
Outsourcing to a hosting provider, such as CDS, avoids the overload of internal
CDS offers a variety of monthly hosting and archiving packages, including a pay
per minute pricing option. These options are dependent on a client's needs in terms
of the number of video hours (per month) that would be live-streamed and/or archived
and the length of the desired publishing and archiving cycle. Consider how many
meetings a month you would want live streamed and/or archived, the duration of those
meetings, and for how long (months or years) you want them available online.
No matter which option you choose, the following features are included:
- Agenda linkage to the video file
- Assorted downloadable software tools and utilities to prepare and upload video files
- Full server and cluster management, systems maintenance, backups and administration
- Search function allows searching by agenda topic
- Optional comment feature for constituent feedback
CDS will help you analyze your needs to determine the best package for your community.